5.08.2009

fish list

I caught my first bluefish yesterday! In retrospect, I should've kept it, but I really didn't feel like cleaning it, and the guy fishing next to me was eager to take it home, so I gave it to him. I had questioned whether it was of legal size, thinking the limit was 16" (my fish was 16.75"), but I just checked the regs, and I was way legal (size limit is 12") oh well. Anyway, I figured it's a good time to make a knock list of the fish I've caught thus far...

Bluefish (16.75")
Snook (26")
Black tip Shark (4')
Bonnethead Shark (4.5')
Snapper
Mangrove
Lane
Mutton
Longnose Gar (25")
Spotted Seatrout (27")
Black Drum (21")
Croaker (20")
Whiting (16")
Sheepshead (19")
Pompano (12")
Spanish Mackerel (16")
Pike (25")
Grouper
Goliath (15 lbs)
Gag (23")

Trash fish:
Sailtop Catfish (9 lbs)
Ladyfish
Pufferfish
Toadfish
stingrays

Baitfish:
Mullet
Threadfin herring
Pilchards
Pass crabs
Blue crabs
Sand fleas


Fish I'd like to catch
Red fish (Red drum)
Slot Snook (28"-32")
Tripletail
Spadefish
Tarpon
Cobia
Bonefish
Wahoo
Snakehead
Mayan Cichlid

Maybe I'll upload pictures later, don't feel like it at the mo'

No comments: